Thursday, September 3, 2009

Week 2 Day Two Obrien's How to Tell a War Story


www.wordle.net

(Matt G's Wordle to describe Bob 'Rat' Kiley)

Our online Discussion Forum 2 options had two text-based assignments and one visual Wordle assignment. I had tried to make all the assignments equal in difficulty, but surprise, surprise....all students with the exception of one chose to do a Wordle describing the main character Bob 'Rat' Kiley.

The Wordles were great. A few people had trouble pasting the code into their post. I was pleased with the sandwich critiques that the majority of the students did in their replies to their peers. However, I realized that the assignment needed to have a text-based justification of the students' word choice, colors, and font. I will amend the instructions so that the students have to justify their choices of layout, font, and colors in their Wordles and talk about some of the word choices they made to describe Bob 'Rat' Kiley.

Here is Catherine H's Wordle Interpretation of Rat Kiley.

Wordle: Untitled

http://www.wordle.net/

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this forum, I thought it was especially unique. Its nice to get the chance to experience, and use other techniques with assignments verses writing all the time. so far this one might have been my favorite.
    eyawman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this assignment. This was the first time i had ever used wordle. I didnt know how to make certain words bigger than others, but then I found out that you had to type the word more than once. Silly me. Once I got the hang of it, I started making more. I even made one for my bedroom door of all words that I feel describe myself. They are a lot of fun to make when you don't really have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought that this was a great asignment; the wordle that is. For the first time, I got to put my experience with wordle into an assignment for the class. It wa snot easy, but I mnanaged to get it done. I had to describe a character that I ofund to be very interesting, so it made all of the difference. The only thing I did not like was that the posting was a bit hard to do. Not everybody understood how to do it, so I felt that when I asked my peers, I was getting no feedback:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked learning how to make a wordle. It made me look in depth for detials about the main characters and that helped me better understand the story itself. This was one of my favoriate things we learned how to do in Lit this semester.

    ReplyDelete