Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 7 Day Two: Midterm Reflection Test Post

Students were introduced to blogging in their online post and were asked to created one test post of three things they learned, three things they did. They were also asked to write about how they felt about what they learned and did.

Here is what Cedric said:




3 Important Things Learned so Far

Think outside the box and you will find Mrs. Simpson and maybe a candy bar.

Wordles are the coolest thing ever. I have tried to put one in all my group projects in all my other classes.

I also learned that poetry is everywhere, even in the school newspaper

3 Activities I liked or disliked.

I love that we interact with each other and have to get in front of the class and speak. It's one my favorite things to do in the class.

I am not a huge Anything Else Cafe fan. I miss points every time because I do not reply to questions that have already been answered. It is helpful though.

Leaving the class to write the poem was a lot of fun. I loved getting out of the room and bouncing ideas off of one another.
My feelings about Intro to Lit:

I am fan of this class because I had an idea of what to expect. Being that I have taken two other courses with Mrs. Simpson. I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park, but I also knew that I would enjoy going there. So far I have written poetry, which I haven't done in a couple years and now continuing on my third blog team. It has been a great semester so far and it will be even better with an "A" at the end. The tools and concepts I have learned will definitely pay off throughout my college career.




4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the week 7 “practice blog post” for our midterm…..since I am an over achiever I had already done my entire midterm the weekend before our first blog post practice was due. I laughed to myself a little in class when I was told I needed to be very familiar with blogging and if you decide to try to figure it out the night before you will be in serious trouble. Luckily for me I took that advice and surprisingly I enjoyed creating my midterm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I along with Emily am an over achieve and already had finished my midterm course reflection project even before our first practice blog post was due. I am glad I got a head start on the assignment because knowing me, I would have been stuck in a rut and probably wouldn’t have had as much fun as I did while doing the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a hard time with this assignment because I wanted to do the toondoo, but I got confused on how to do it and what I could set up for my reflections. I eventually chose to do a blog, and I gained a lot of knowledge from doing so. I learned how to reflect on what I learned and discuss what I liked/disliked. I have not looked at my comments, and I think I will. After seeing what I have written for you, I know my peers will have some good insight for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked doing my midterm reflection. I did a blog post for every week of class. It helped me remember all of the things I learned over the first half of the semester. I liked being able to speak my mind about each weeks pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete