Thursday, November 19, 2009

Week 13 Day One: Comic Strip Acting



Cedric and Krista took charge as TAs of the day as the class continued studying comics as literature. They divided the class into groups and gave each group a task to come up with a 3-framed comic strip that would incorporate certain things. The objective of the lesson was to learn the vocabulary of comics.

Each group had to make their cartoons come alive and act them out. The themes were recent events in the news. Krista and Cedric acted out theirs first. A couple of suggestions that I would make to this pair would be to have the groups prepare the cartoon strip on flipchart paper as the cartoon drawing on the board took a bit of time.

The other suggestion was to have students take a post test on the vocabulary to make sure that they did, in fact, learn it. A pre-test was given in preparation for the lesson which most people did well on.

The journal activity was a bit different. Bubble gum was handed out with a comic strip. People free wrote on their strip and then came up to the front to show the strip and read their journal entry.


2 comments:

  1. The comic assignment this week was a lot of fun! I liked that we were able to get into groups with friends again because I hate to say it, but at least for myself I am more comfortable around people I know. The topic my group and I had to create a comic on was about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize. I thought we did a pretty good job and hopefully the class got a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Cedric and Krista's assignment was soo much fun! I really enjoyed it. Also, the quiz they gave really helped me learn the terminology used in comics. I really learned alot from their lesson!

    ReplyDelete