Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 10 Day Two: Scuba Lessons and Sure Thing Blog Post



The blog post for Wedensday's online class was tied to two one-act romantic comedies, Scuba Lessons by Joseph Zeccola and Sure Thing by David Ives.

Here's a clip from Kelly's monologue at the beginning of  Scuba Lessons.



And here's a short clip from Part 1 of Sure Thing.



Talia's post was as follows:





3. In Scuba Lessons, there was evidence that Kelly and Dan had previously dated. What evidence from the play makes you think that they will or will not make it in this budding relationship.






Kelly’s expectations for a partner are quite high. High expectations that are out of reach usually end in disappointment. She is the type that thinks “love will cure all” and it will strike like lightning, based on her dream and the opening aside. She is holding onto a fantasy that might not ever come true. Kelly seems to have issues and she even says, “I feel guilty a lot”.





I hope Kelly and Dan make it. Kelly is a little neurotic but it seems that she has accepted Dan and knows him well. Dan may not be as predictable as she thinks and does say exactly what she wants to hear when he compares her eyes to “home”. If she is able to let her guard down and not try to control or demean Dan, their relationship could work. Hopefully Dan can keep her interested and not be too predictable. Also, if Kelly can stay in reality and not believe that a “perfect man” exists, they may have a lasting, healthy relationship.



Image url:



http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/58/220279254_17c20cbec5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.flickr.net/en/2008/02/page/2/&usg=__xbLFunx6IW4M-nxCdQWY7lO5VxM=&h=470&w=500&sz=101&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=FKae62O97E8EvM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlove%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1






3 comments:

  1. Week of the scuba lesson, I thought the passages were weird but different. Sometimes I am unsure of myself when it comes to the interpretation a passage. I always feel like I’m wrong in what I think or how I read something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this week I really liked the 2 scenarios that were given. Although I preferred one over the other, both related and had the same qualities in many ways. Being able to put our two-sense into our assignments is a lot of fun because not only are we able to express how we interpret each scenario, but everyone is also able to see and reflect on other students opinions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this assignment becaus eat fiirst I couldnt figure out were to find the two storys and if we had to have read them already.But after reading them and doing my blog post i really got a better understand for the stories themselves. I feel like most of the group activities we did in class really helped me understand each story much better.

    ReplyDelete